Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BONUS UPDATE - #76 up! (Oh, and Would You Kindly...)


So something's up, all right...

While I plan on having plenty of time to work on the comic, I want to make sure that everyone who reads the comic gets something worthwhile for their efforts... Thus, I'm asking you outright what you'd like to see.

You're welcome to suggest anything you can think of (no guarantees that it's doable, though...) but here are some ideas I've been kicking around lately;
  • A "Encyclopedia Galactica" section of the site to help fill in some of the story gaps and little details that it'll just take too dang long to get to if I wait around to get them written in.
  • New wallpapers (as donation incentives or otherwise)
  • New Last Resort merchandise / commissionable items (Difficulty level - No t-shirts!)
  • Faster Updates (this is my default, but be warned, I'd rather be on time once a week than falling behind with twice a week, so this won't be happening for a while if it's even possible.)
Comment below with suggestions. Oh, and worth note; this isn't a vote, but if enough people speak up... well, I know when to take a hint!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At April 30, 2008 at 1:28 AM , Blogger LazarCotoron said...

I'd like to see a glossary of terms for some of the unique things in your story. "Light Child" keeps popping up and the more I see it in context with what's going on, the more I suspect it doesn't quite mean what I thought it meant.

An index of the different races we're seeing would be nice too. As a writer, I know how it is to know your own material so well that you forget not everyone else knows it. Offer us a hand up. ;D

More than anything though, I'm looking forward to getting a better understanding of Silk and Qin Xu. I picked the two of them out as having more curious, less straight forward reasons for their involvement in what's going on.

 
At April 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Rachel Keslensky said...

The Glossary's a worthwhile idea -- also seems like it'd have less artistic slowdown to worry about than the other ideas, so I might get to working on this soon. A species index might be a little trickier, but it's worth thinking about.

And as for Silk and Qin Xu, well... you should be able ask 'em yourself pretty soon. ;)

 
At April 30, 2008 at 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I like the Encyclopedia Galatica idea, as LazarCotoron mentioned there I’d love to see the whole glossary idea too. It’d be great to get over this whole “what was that supposed to be again” Maybe start there and grow into a more full out encyclopedia of info. For “x” entry it’d be nice to see it link back to the relevant page where the concept is featured.

Now this is just the designer in me going all out. Maybe even a pdf a whole arc with extra bonus stuff for donators?

 
At May 1, 2008 at 4:55 AM , Blogger LazarCotoron said...

The index would be tricky because it naturally dove tails into the planets those species are all from. Each index entry would likely be a page long while trying to keep it short. Alternatively you could tie this information into the character bios and truncate it quite a bit since most of the bios have a little bit of info on the planet anyways (but that assumes they aren't off-world).

As for Silk and Qin Xu... Ask them myself, eh? I'll take that literally (for fun). I definitely have my own speculation about how they really wound up there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home