Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dave Stevens -- 1955-2008


A simple tribute to a guy who knew how to make flying around with explosives on your back look like something we should be proud of, and an inspiration of mine in more ways than I care to admit.

I've got a picture of him at Dragon*Con a few years ago, standing next to an awesome cosplayer in a Rocketeer costume. I should try to find it next chance I get.

Head for the skies, Dave. Sorry I couldn't find a better image of your work for this post, or at least one that didn't have the Grim Reaper in the background. Oy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 13, 2008 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Jerry Keslensky said...

I dropped by to check to see if you had written a new blog posting and saw this. I'm devastated. I had met and talked at length with Dave several times at multiple conventions. There is hardly a piece of Dave Stevens artwork that I don't have. I'll be wearing a Dave Stevens tee shirt to honor him when I see you on Sunday at MomoCon. Thanks for the tribute, I was totally unaware this tragic event had occurred.

 
At March 14, 2008 at 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up gal? just speeding through.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home