Saturday, February 9, 2008

Checkpoint! [Countdown To FWA]

For those heading down to Furry Weekend Atlanta, it's coming up fast next week... or maybe it just feels fast to me because it's just now occurring to me how much this whole "get out and try to be an artist" stuff scares the heck out of me.

I'm doing the best I can to project a "calm, collected, experienced" artist-type persona, but for all of my general bravado, I'm scared to bits. It may just be that it's the first convention I'm actually trying to work at, but it hit me last night just how unprepared I feel about all this.

And it's not for lack of preparations; I mean, I've been going down the general checklist and making sure I have my ducks in a row, although I've not done convention-exclusive work like I have in the past, mostly because:
  • I'm not certain that new pamphlets would be worth the efforts.
  • I have enough comic pages 'published' now that I can print them out for a portfolio as opposed to needing to fabricate a sample, which was basically what the old pamphlets were for.
  • I've been a lazy artist and actually doing my schoolwork rather than drawing.
Of course, this could all change pretty easily if I decided to do a few extra things in time for MomoCon, but for now, I've got lots to prepare for.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 9, 2008 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Jerry Keslensky said...

Nothing to worry about, you write and you draw and you publish on schedule. That makes you a cartoonist. You don't just talk the talk you walk the walk. Some people will like your stuff and and some people won't, that's their problem not yours. You work for yourself and your boss, you, likes your work. Go to the convention and have fun just being yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home